The research project was funded by the Federal Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (BAuA) and the German Social Accident Insurance (DGUV) and ran from 2013 to 2018. The project was conducted in cooperation with the following partners: ASER Institute, ArbMedErgo IFA, IAD, IfADo.
The objective of the joint research project was to develop a comprehensive inventory of methods that can be used to carry out occupational risk assessment in the case of physical stress. The inventory of methods ranges from screening procedures at different evaluation levels to metrological analyses.
- Literature study on existing procedures
- Status analysis for the estimation of the occurrence of individual forms of physical stress
- Development of valuation models
- Development of new or revised methods for the different types of physical stress
- Evaluation in practice based on around 1000 workplaces
At the IAD, expert screenings were designed and further developed, which can evaluate different stress situations in short- and long-cycle activities:
- Expert screenings (paper & pencil worksheets for individual types of stress (posture, body/action forces, manual load handling, repetitive stress on the upper extremities)
- Computer-aided tools “Megaphys-MonKras” for action forces (AF) and “Megaphys-MultipLa” for load handling (LH) for the evaluation of heterogeneous loads and forces
- Body segment-specific assessment conceptual for load type posture -P
All results of the project are presented in volumes 1 and 2 of the report.