Diseases of the musculoskeletal system (MSE) represent a significant health problem. In addition to back pain, there has been an increase in conditions affecting the upper extremities (hand-arm-shoulder system). These can be triggered by activities involving high whole-body and finger-hand forces. A practical guide for the classic assessment approach for action forces, a user training-seminar for classical approach and an additional screening approach for “activities / tasks with high action forces” (including brief instructions for testing) are to be drawn up in the project. These are based on results of the project "Montagespezifischer Kraftatlas” /The assembly-specific force atlas/ (Wakula et al. 2009 /BGIA-Report 3/2009; https://publikationen.dguv.de/forschung/ifa/ifa-report/1913/der-montagespezifische-kraftatlas-bgia-report-3/2009 ).
1. Preparation of an instruction manual for applying of the classical assessment method for whole body forces and finger/hand forces;
2. Development of a user training seminar “Risk assessment with the “Assembly-specific force atlas”;
3. Creation of a supplement for a screening approach for assessment of action forces and testing of the approach in a limited circle of users;
4. Development of manual guide for the testing of the screening approach
- Classical force evaluation procedure and instructions for homogeneous force cases & application seminar
- Screening force assessment procedures and instructions for homogeneous force cases
- Computer-aided tool “MonKras” (classical and screening force evaluation method) for heterogeneous force cases
- Practical guide to the classic assessment approach for tasks with homogeneous action forces
- Training-seminar for user of classic assessment approach and an additional screening approach for “activities / tasks with high action forces” (including brief instructions for testing)
- Screening method for force assessment for homogeneous force cases and user instructions
- Computer-aided tool “MonKras” for using classical and screening assessment methods for heterogeneous force cases
Schaub, Karlheinz ; Wakula, Jurij ; Berg, Knut ; Oberle, Marius :
Development and testing of a screening approach for the evaluation of forceful operations in industry.
In: Proceedings 19th Triennial Congress of the IEA, 07.-09.01.2015, Melbourne (Australien)
Wakula, Jurij ; Schaub, Karlheinz ; Berg, Knut ; Bruder, Ralph ; Glitsch, Ullrich ; Ellegast, Rolf :
Assessment approach for analysis of whole body action forces at assembly-specific workplaces in industry.
In: 10th International Symposium on Human Factors in Organisational Design and Management, 4. – 6. April 2011, Grahamstown (South Africa)
Schaub, Karlheinz ; Wakula, Jurij ; Berg, Knut ; Kaiser, Bastian ; Bruder, Ralph ; Glitsch, Ulrich ; Ellegast, Rolf-Peter :
The Assembly Specific Force Atlas.
In: Human Factors an Ergonomics in Manufacturing & Service Industries (2014)